During pregnancy many physiologic changes do occur in the body of the woman, some of these changes do not pose a threat to the woman or the developing fetus. There are others that will need immediate and prompt care to prevent complications. Below are some of the danger signs during pregnancy.
- Excessive vomiting
- Severe headache
- Swollen hands and feet
- Lower abdominal pains
- Severe contractions before 36 weeks
- Jaundice or yellowish discoloration of the eyes and skin
- Breaking of your waters before labor starts
- Pains whilst urinating
- Anemia or pale skin and nail bed
- Reduced, excessive or no fetal movement after quickening
- Vaginal discharges that is itchy or has an abnormal smell
- Abdominal pains
Though all these have been listed it is important that every woman will know how her body works and also trust her own instincts.Report any abnormal feeling or discomfort to your Midwife or Gynecologist.Thanks and have a safe delivery.